Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
40g white sugar
100g light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
160g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
150g semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar together.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
4. Sift in all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and corn starch. Add salt and mix until everything is well incorporated.
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Scoop cookies with an ice cream scoop. Place dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-13 minutes. The edges should be set and the middle soft.
7. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.