Crispy Garlic & Garlic Oil
60g garlic, peeled
120ml vegetable oil
1. Pound the garlic in a mortar, just until it breaks into small pieces. We want it to have some texture.
2. Pour the oil in a pan and heat over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and spread it around with a wooden spoon.
4. Reduce the heat to low and stir frequently. The oil should be bubbling gently. Avoid high heat, otherwise the garlic will burn and taste bitter.
5. Fry the garlic only until light golden about 5 to 8 minutes, because it will continue to darken after taking out from oil. Strain and allow the oil to cool down before storing it.
6. Transfer the garlic onto paper towel to soak up excess oil. Spread evenly and let it cool down before storing it. You can use crispy garlic to garnish dishes or eat it as it is.
7. Keep the garlic oil in a small jar and use it for cooking.