Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
350g ripe bananas
100g white sugar
50g brown sugar
115g unsalted butter, melted
190g all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp instant espresso powder
150g semisweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl add bananas and mash with a fork or a potato masher. Add white sugar, brown sugar, butter, milk, egg and mix well.
3. Sift in all-purpose flour and baking soda. Add salt and instant espresso powder. Mix until well combined.
4. Add 1 tablespoon flour to the chocolate chips. Mix together to prevent chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
5. Fold in chocolate chips into muffin batter. Fill muffin cups and add chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.